VIMPT Community Exhibition in Vienna April/May 2018

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Craig Austin 7 months, 1 week ago.

Home Forums General Discussion VIMPT Community Exhibition in Vienna April/May 2018

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

florian kopr
    Participant

Dear Vimpt Community,
    i secured a small Independent Artist-Galleryspace for the coming April/May in Vienna/Austria. As in the Timeframe is also a Cultural Festivity for that 18th viennese District called “Artwalk 18” i would like to invite the Vimpt Community for presenting their Saltprints in this Exhibition.
    Maybe Craig would also be so generous and redo someof his selection for this?
    Plz tell em about your ideas and response to this as i would appreciate hearing your opinions and if i should goon with this project or if this finds no interest here.

PS: basically this is a bit of a Call for Artists already 🙂

Craig Austin

This sounds excellent Florian! Very exciting! Very happy to contribute some prints. Look forward to seeing the feedback!

Many thanks for finding a exhibition space and putting out the CFA!!

florian kopr
    Participant

no need to thank, i will try to get some additional budget with my cultural organisation, and if yes can i come forward to you producing some prints for payment?

for all interested artists, i would offer everyone to just send their prints, i have 40 frames from the same series in 30cm x 40cm , so enough to put everything behind glass.

district said already they will do advertisement and include it in programm, and also include the exhibition in their guided tour

florian kopr
    Participant

hello craig,
    do you have tipps for me how to contact the vimptcommunity? at the moment there is except of you zero responce to the call for artists. which makes the effort of organizing a exhibition a bit questionable…
    thanks in advance,
    florian

Craig Austin

Hi Florian,
    Sorry no response yet. I can put the CFA out over our social media platforms. It’s an awesome opportunity – so let’s give that a try 🙂

Best,
    Craig

florian kopr
    Participant

hi Craig, yes plz do it, i will write next week to you the exact dates here, by the way, in case you yourself want todo a solo-show, i could manage todo that also if you are interested.
    cu 🙂
    florian

Craig Austin

Hi Florian

Sorry for the lack of response, I’ve been ill for 5 weeks and only just catching up with everything.
    For the CFA, what sort of work are you looking for, is it historical prints? I’m not sure how many of the community produce this type of print. Maybe I could print the exhibition as Salt Prints?
    Please let me know your thoughts so I can give the CFA a clear direction.
    Apologies again for late reply.
    Best, Craig

florian kopr
    Participant

dear craig,
    due to the lack of response and time limits from the gallery i replanned, and will do a bigger exhibition open to all analogue and alternative photographic processes from print to creating negatives in june/july in a bigger space. i am just writing the cfa for that and will let u know soon.
    lg
    florian

Craig Austin

Thank you Florian – it sounds great!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.