The ViennaPhotoBookFestival will be celebrating its 5th anniversary on June 10 and 11, 2017 in a new location and, for the first time, with a print market! With its international and high-profile talks and lectures, photobook and print market, the Festival will once again serve as the photobook metropole this weekend.
In 2017, we are also pursuing our vision of a modern platform that allows publishers, antique dealers, independent publishers, photographers, and students to network. In order to properly celebrate the photobook medium, we have compiled a very special program for this anniversary year,
which includes the following guests:
– MAGNUM legend Bruce Davidson
– The editors of The Photobook: A History: MAGNUM photographer Martin Parr and critic Gerry Badger
– Critic Hans-Michael Koetzle
– Russian photographer Nikolay Bakharev
– archipelago founder Magali Avezou
– Danish photographer Krass Clement
– Swiss photographer René Groebli
– Photographer and winner of the 2016 ViennaPhotoBookAward Francesca Catastini
For its 5th anniversary, the ViennaPhotoBookFestival is moving to new quarters within the area of Brotfabrik Vienna. In the renovated and modernized 1200-m2 Expedithalle, the Festival will take place all on one level for the first time. Through the resulting additional space, the event will be expanded by another pillar: within the framework of the ViennaPhotoPrintMarket, photographers will get the opportunity to present and sell selected prints and editions for up to a maximum retail price of 500 euros.